Ace Troops (王牌部队) is a Chinese drama slated for premiere in 2021. The main cast of the show includes Johnny Huang Jing Yu, Xiao Zhan and Elaine Zhong Chuxi.
The show explores throughout the span of 40 years, the growth of the “Ace Troops”. Through the depiction of various individuals, it demonstrates a new generation of soldiers with soul, ability, strength and a strong sense of morality. It witnesses the transformation of the country’s military weapons and depicts the hope and future of the Chinese military and national defense. It welcomes a new era with the modernisation of the People’s Liberation Army.
- Title: Ace Troops (王牌部队)
- Chinese title: 王牌部队 / Wang Pai Bu Dui
- Director: Liu Yan
- Screenwriter: Zhou Zhi Fang, Liu Yan, Hu Jian
- Producer: Ji Daoqing
- Genre: Military
- Episodes: 40
- Broadcast networks: CCTV, iQiyi
- Broadcast period: 2021
- Other names: 英雄岁月之王牌部队 / Ying Xiong Sui Yue Zhi Wang Pai Bu Dui
Gao Liang (portrayed by Johnny Huang) is descendant of a layman. Gu Yiye (portrayed by Xiao Zhan) is the son of a military commander. Both good friends and also rivals since they joined the army. They fall in love with the same girl, Jiang Nanzheng (portrayed by Elaine Zhong Chuxi).
However Gu Yiye eventually forsakes his love in the name of friendship, and marries a lady named A Xiu. She is the daughter of an ex-squadron commander who died while fighting the war. As time went on, Gao Liang not only remained true to his heart, he also shouldered the duties and responsibilities of a soldier.
In 2003, Gao Liang and Jiang Nancheng got married and formed a happy family. Yet in 2008, when Gao Liang returned from further studies in Russia, he was transferred to become the the acting brigade commander of the Blue Army. This was due to the findings in an observation report. He reflected on a series of issues, involving falsification and formalism. He later decides to bring reform to the training methods used in the army.
Through a series of combat training, Gao Liang trained a group of soldiers who demonstrated strong fighting abilities. In a military exercise conducted by the headquarters, Gao Liang persisted in the tradition of teaching actual combat. However, he also innovated and led his group to stray away from the prescribed forms of combat. Instead, they also worked to create a new combat method. In the end, Gao Liang joined forces together with Gu Yiye and Jiang Nanzheng to expose the falsification of training methods, and reformed the Blue Army to become the strongest military team.
- Johnny Huang Jing Yu as Gao Liang
- Xiao Zhan as Gu Yiye
- Elaine Zhong Chu Xi as Jiang Nanzheng
- Mao Lin Lin as A Xiu
- Li You Bin
- He Zheng Jun
- Fu Cheng Peng
- Xu Hong Hao
- Bai Lu (cameo)
- The play is a key topic selection and boutique support project of the Jiangsu Radio and Television Bureau in 2020.
- It is hoped that the main creative team can carry out creative shooting with high standards and quality.
- The drama strived to create a good standing and it hopes to secure a place for popular works preserved are dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the founding of the Communist Party of China.
- The drama takes the protagonist’s rich military life after joining the army in 1983 as a starting point.
- It it set in a backdrop where great reforms were made in China and places emphasis on the romantic and lofty revolutionary heroism as the theme.
- It focuses on the Chinese People’s Liberation Army’s motto that is “calls come and fights when they come.”
- The birth and glory of the Ace troop unit of “The battle will win”, a panoramic view of our military’s military transformation from motorization, mechanization, informationization to developments in aerospace.
- On October 22, 2020, the show premiered the concept teaser video and concept poster of “Ace Troops” was released.
- On May 14, 2021, the TV series “Ace Force” released a legacy version of the drama’s posters.